Thursday, December 13, 2012

Half a Year?!

Seriously I say this every month, but time really needs to slow down!  It is going way too fast and I can hardly keep up with all of the new things Thomas is doing and learning.  

At six months Thomas:

  • Still rolls over from his back to his stomach and even though he knows how to roll back over, he refuses to and screams until we roll him back
  • Has officially grown out of all 3-6 month clothing.  He's now wearing 6 month outfits and I feel it won't be long before he'll move to 9 months.
  • Had a doctor appointment on the 7th and he weighed 20 pounds 8 ounces, which puts him in the 96th percentile on weight.  He is also 26.5 inches long now, which puts him in the 60th percentile.  Overall, he's healthy and just a big boy.
  • He moved on to the big boy pacifiers and he loves them.  He can put them in his own mouth now, even if it does take several tries to figure out which way it goes in.
  • Started eating fruits - his favorite is pears and his least favorite is bananas.
  • Now eats baby oatmeal every morning for breakfast, and a small 2 oz container of fruits or vegetables for lunch and dinner.  
  • He received a jumperoo that he absolutely loves. He'll bounce for hours as long as someone is still giving him attention.  Cracks us all up!
  • Also received a high chair for Christmas (early) and he loves sitting with us and being included.  Shhh - it also allows me to get dishes and cooking done as long as I still interact with him.  
  • Had his first Thanksgiving!  I gave him a bite of mashed potatoes (his first "real" food, and he was disgusted.  Poor kid - he'll learn.  He was also given a taste of sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie and cool whip.  He sure did look for more cool whip.  
  • Likes when he's read to. 
  • Has recently discovered his tongue and sticks it out whenever possible.
  • Is so in love with his daddy.  No matter what he is doing when daddy gets home from work he tries to break his neck to see him if he can't already see the door.
  • Belly laughs that makes everything else seem not so bad.  This boy really knows how to make people happy.
  • Started making a kissing sound (as well as he can) when his Momma kisses him.  He also started coming toward with me an open mouth when I'm making the kiss sound.  You have to love slobbery open mouth kisses.
  • Still loves playing peek-a-boo and thinks it's hilarious.  Every time.
  • He wakes up 2 - 3 times a night for his pacifier and then goes right back to sleep.
This boy is already wrapped around his Momma's fingers and I love every minute of it.  He makes me happier than I ever thought possible, and I love having him in my life.  I'm so thankful the Lord chose this little boy for us.  


Such a cheese with his tongue out

Happy boy before his shots

Cutie with his Momma

First time in his new high chair

Loves "reading" books

Spending time with daddy

Spending time with Momma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my he is just too cute! I know, I probably say that in all my comments, but that smile just kills me! And now he is sticking his tongue out--double cuteness!! :o) I love seeing how you and Tom are enjoying your little guy!