Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dear Thomas

Dear sweet son, 

Thanks for letting me be your momma every day. I love it, every second of every day. Today is our first Mother's Day together and I am just head over heals for you, sweetheart. Sure, sometimes things are challenging, like when you wake up at 2 am in the morning and don't want to go back to sleep. But hey, it could be worse. You're the best son a Momma could hope for. I prayed for you for so long, sweetheart. I feel like God made me to be your mom. It's what I'm good at, and it's what I love. 

You won't be a baby much longer. That makes me sad, but I have to say that I am loving getting to know your little  personality. You are so funny, and I share a lot of giggles with you every day. I look forward to the day you call me Mommy and of course I'll probably cry (which will make your Dad laugh). We're a funny bunch, the three of us :). Baby boy, thanks for giving me a reason to celebrate this holiday. It used to bring me sadness, but now I love this special day. You and me, we make a pretty good team. 
Love always, 
Momma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful April! Made me teary eyed. I love how you and Tom love that baby boy. He seems so incredibly sweet. Can't wait to meet him someday! Happy Mother's Day to you!