Monday, October 18, 2010

Friendship

"If you have two friends in your lifetime, you're lucky. If you have one good friend, you're more than lucky."

I've heard that quote so many times in my life, but I've never really stopped to think about what it really meant.  It was more of a passing thought of "well, I guess I'm lucky then" and that was it. 

Tonight I got to catch up with my best friend, Alexis.  It's amazing that no matter what happens in our lives we can pick up right where we left off and there are no hard feelings if we haven't spoken in a quite a while.  We both realize that life happens and we don't hold it against the other if our "phone dates" don't happen for some reason.  But, when we do talk and catch up, an hour passes like minutes. 

After I got off the phone I started making a list of all of the other great people in my life. There are some people I can go to for anything without fear of judgment.  There are those I can go to if I want a specific piece of advice.  Then, there are those that were close to me and now we've drifted apart.  Either way, to have those people in my life has helped shape who I am today. 

So, I would have to say that I am lucky.  When I feel like life is starting to fall apart or something comes up, I know without a doubt I've got people that I can go to.  And, to me, that's what life is all about. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Miss you tons.

Rich