Monday, October 4, 2010

Trying to have a new perspective

Do you ever have weeks where it seems that everything has gone wrong?  Well, this week was no exception.  I'm sure we've all had those type of weeks, so there's no point in me explaining every detail on why mine wasn't the greatest.  All I do know is that I can decide to dwell on the bad or decide to move on and hope for the best for this week.

It's taken me a long time to come to the conclusion that I'm the only one who can choose to be happy or sad or stressed or angry.  Yes, my initial reaction to car repair is stress and more stress, but in the end, I know the Lord will help us through this problem just like He promised he would.  I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, so we will just deal with this problem and move on. 

So, to sum it all up, I choose to be happy.  I choose to be grateful for the wonderful man that I married.  I choose to just be me.  

I'm not promising that if you talk to me I won't be stressed, upset, angry or sad.  I'm simply stating that I will do my best from here on out to try and be happy. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ape,
I didn't know you had a blog. I am always interested to hear what you have to say. I will certainly be tuning in to read. That perspective is a very "Tom Brown(I)-esque" thing to say. I have the same perspective when it comes to a lot of things. It always amazes me how much you and I are alike. I miss you guys and hope that our paths cross in the near future. Love you.

Rich