Friday, October 30, 2015

Rough Day

Today was a tough day. A day I knew would come eventually, but was also so unprepared for. My coworker brought her beautiful 2-week old boy into work today. I knew they were coming and thought I was okay. I saw her and talked to her and thought "I got this," and thought I was super awesome. Oh how wrong I was. As soon as I heard our other co-workers oohing and ahhing over him I lost it. Not in a one little tear kind of way, but a tidal wave of tears that I couldn't control or recover from. So I did what any reasonable adult would do, and hid in the warehouse until they were gone. I am not upset at all at my co-worker, and am actually very excited and happy for her - I just wish it didn't have to hurt so bad.

While hiding out in said warehouse I was busy texting one of my best friends and realized how lucky I am to have so much support around me. There are so many people that love me and loved my sweet boy. So I'm holding onto that, and constantly praying for hope and having faith that I'm going to be okay.

Yes, today was extremely hard, but I'm not going to let one bad day hold me down. I've already come too far for that. So after my nap I'm going to pick myself back up and choose to keep going. One minute at a time.

No comments: